Some programs require the text GP in front of the NMEA string (coming out of u-blox GPS module) to successfully read the GPS data.
Follow the steps below, to add GP string.
- Open u-center.
- Connect to GPS module (default port is COM3, baudrate 9600).
- Go to View > Configuration View.
- Click NMEA (NMEA Protocol) on the left side list.
- Set Numbering used for SVs not supported by NMEA to 0 – Strict (not output), Main Talker ID to 1 – GP (GPS) and GSV Talker ID to 1 – Use main Talker ID.
- Click the Send button in the lower-left corner.
- Switch to CFG (configuration) tab in left side list and select Save current configuration. At Devices: select all 4 list entries. (To select all entries, tap and hold pen/mouse on first entry and move down to last entry. Release pen/mouse). Then click the Send button in the lower-left corner.
- Click Receiver > Action > Save Config.