[Lidköping, Sweden, February 24, 2022.] Handheld Group, a leading manufacturer of rugged mobile computers, today announced an operating system upgrade to Android 11 for the Nautiz X41 rugged handheld. The Nautiz X41 is a compact and light-weight rugged handheld designed for efficient field data collection and communication. In addition to a touchscreen, the Nautiz X41 comes with a physical keypad which has been popular especially in the logistics, warehousing, and supply chain industries.
The Nautiz X41 enterprise-focused accessories also includes new, more versatile, pistol grip with options for UHF or long-range scanning.
The Nautiz X41 rugged Android handheld offers:
- A powerful 8-core processor with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage.
- High-quality, high-speed 1D laser or 2D imager with High Density (HD) optics.
- Android 11 operating system, with Google GMS for full access to all Google apps.
- 4G/LTE Android phone functionality and high-speed data.
- NFC, BT 5.0 LE and Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/r/ac.
- 8-megapixel camera with autofocus and flash.
- A physical 23-key keypad including programmable keys and dedicated scan button.
- Built-in GPS receiver for navigation using GPS, GLONASS, Galileo or BeiDou.
- Sunlight-readable, 4-inch capacitive display with Gorilla Glass, including rain and glove mode.
- IP65-rating, MIL-STD-810G tested and operating in temperatures of -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F).
- MaxGo software to quickly apply custom settings to multiple devices.
- Multiple enterprise-focused accessories for professionals.
“The Nautiz X41, with a full keypad, has been a popular device with our customers,” says Johan Hed, Handheld director of product management. “In addition to the OS upgrade, the new pistol grip has options for UHF or a long-range scanner that can scan 1D/2D labels or tags from 15 cm up to 15 m. Together with the Nautiz X41’s 4G WWAN functionality, it gives customers the choice of staying connected to the backend system even while scanning outdoors.”
The new Nautiz X41 with Android 11 can be ordered now with deliveries expected mid-March.
Handheld Group is a manufacturer and global supplier of rugged mobile computers, handhelds and tablets. Handheld and partners worldwide deliver mobility solutions to businesses within geomatics, logistics, forestry, public transportation, utilities, construction, maintenance, mining, military and security. Handheld Group, headquartered in Sweden, has subsidiaries in Finland, the U.K., the Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Australia and the USA.