The instructions below will guide you through updating the BIOS on your Algiz 10X V2 device.
- Plug a USB stick into your PC and format it to file system Fat32.
- Unzip the downloaded BIOS files. Copy the files in the folder directly to the root of the USB stick.
- Plug an AC adapter, USB stick and keyboard into your tablet. Start the device and hit the Esc button as soon as you see the Handheld logo.
- Use the arrows keys to move to the Save&Exit tab. Navigate to the Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device by using the arrow buttons on your keyboard and press Enter.
- When the interface has been launched, type fs2: and press Enter.
“fs:number”, your removable disk might be assigned a different number.
- Type UPDATE and hit Enter to start the flashing process.
- Type Y to finish the flashing process. The tablet will reboot automatically when done.
- When the tablet is restarting, make sure to hit the Esc key at the Handheld logo to make sure the flashing procedure was a success. See Project Version for current BIOS.
- Go into BIOS. If not already done, follow the steps at point 3 and then navigate over to the Advanced tab and choose Miscellaneous Configuration as shown below.
- Navigate over to OS Selection and change it to Windows 7.
- Save and Exit the BIOS by pressing F4 on the keyboard.