After applying Microsoft’s Feature Update 1809 on your Algiz 8X tablet running Windows 10, you might have noticed that the on-device soft keyboard has been reduced in size.
We’ve developed a solution that will allow for the keyboard to be resized to its normal state on the Algiz 8X tablet. All necessary files are included in the download available at the bottom of this page.
Take the following steps to apply the 1809 Feature update fix for returning your On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to its original size:
- Download the On-Screen Keyboard-1809.zip file located below.
- Extract the On-Screen Keyboard-1809.zip download to a location on the Algiz 8X or to a removable thumb drive.
- Navigate to MS_EDID_800x1280 folder and locate ms_edid.inf
- Right-click on ms_edid.inf and select install.
- Once the ms_edid.inf file has concluded, you will be prompted to restart your Algiz 8X.
- Verify that the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) has returned to its original size.