Follow the steps below to upgrade the OS on your Algiz 10X V2 from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
The BIOS boot sequence utilizes a Legacy boot option when booting into the Windows 7 Operating System. The instructions below pertain to changing the BIOS settings on the device for a successful installation and boot up sequence for an Algiz 10X V2 device.
Windows 7 to Windows 8, 8.1 or Windows 10
- Plug-in the AC adapter to the device. Make sure the device stays plugged into the power source during the entire process.
- Plug-in a keyboard and the recovery USB with the latest Windows 8 image.
- Turn on the device and when the Handheld logo is showing, click F2 on the keypad repeatedly until you enter the BIOS menu.
- Navigate over to the Advanced tab. Choose Miscellaneous Configuration.
- Navigate over to OS Selection and change it to Windows 8.X.
- Save and Exit BIOS by pressing F4 on the keyboard. Now continue the OS installation procedure as seen here.