The A8XEXP-BC Barcode Scanner Expansion Module for the Algiz 8X does require a few steps of setup depending on your current software configuration.
If you are running OS 95Z0000001XS, you’ll already have the correct driver and HotTab installed. If not, please install HotTab HH8_A40.3.13 or newer from this article and follow the steps below to install the driver.
- Download and install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64).
- Download the HSM USB Serial Driver version 3.5.5 package from the bottom of this page. Install it by running Setup.bat as an administrator.
These steps are only needed once after installing the module:
- Open the Device Manager and change the barcode module to COM15 if it’s not already assigned to COM15.
- Press the Menu button to open HotTab.
- Go to Devices and enable Barcode – you should hear a beep from the scanner.
To scan, hold and press F2. Any scanned value will be entered at the current cursor position followed by an Enter key.
To change any configuration on the barcode scanner, please use the EZConfig-Scanning tool linked below. After installing the tool, open the EZConfig-Scanning v4._IE shortcut on your desktop and click Connected Device on the left to open the scanner module.