How to utilize the Hotkeys (F1, F2, F3) for camera snapshots
Support Article No. 4509
Latest updated: 9/12/2014
There is a way to take snapshots in the Hottab camera application, using one of the F-keys on Algiz 7 and Algiz 10X units.
- Open file explorer and navigate to "C:\Program Files(x86)\Hottab\Hottab".
- Copy file "HottabCfg.ini" file to the Desktop.
Note: This is an important step as you will be unable to save the file in it's original
location if edited in "C:\Program Files(x86)\Hottab\Hottab".
- Double click file "HottabCfg.ini" on the Desktop to open it in an editor.
- Scroll down and locate HotKeyCameraSnapshot=0. Change the assinged value of HotKeyCameraSnapshot=0 to HotKeyCameraSnapshot=1.
- Save and close the HottabCfg.ini file.
- Copy the file from the Desktop back to folder "C:\Program Files\Hottab\Hottab" and overwrite existing file.
Note: You may get a warning stating that you need administrator priveleges to complete this task. Select "Continue"
- Restart the unit
To assign the camera to a function key on the device, do the following:
- Open Hottab on the device.
- Select the settings icon.
- Select the Function Key that you would like to assign the Camera to.
- Select Short Press from the menu then Camera.
- Exit out of Hottab.
- Short press the Function key that you assigned the Camera to.
- The Camera will start and will show the preview screen.
- Now press F2 short again and a snapshot will be taken.