BIOS update using USB memory stick
Support Article No. 4086
Latest updated: 9/9/2014
- USB flash drive
- Make a bootable USB drive - See KB18224 on how to do that
- Download the latest BIOS for Algiz XRW HERE and for algiz XRW3 here and copy the files to the USB drive.
- Plug the USB flash drive and the AC charger into the Algiz XRW.
- Start the Algiz XRW and repeatedly press F11 on XRW or F7 on XRW3 until you see the boot device selection. To see the difference between XRW and XRW3 click here.
- Select the USB flash drive (your USB drive probably have another name) and press ENTER key.
- Select a keyboard layout and press ENTER.
- Navigate to the folder from step 2, enter “update” and press ENTER.
- The BIOS update will now start, the Algiz XRW will reboot when the update is complete.