Install OS image using USB memory stick
Support Article No. 3960
Latest updated: 9/4/2014
- USB flash drive with at least 8GB
- USB keyboard
In this guide, whenever asked to press a key, press the key on the USB keyboard and not on the device
- Make sure you have the latest BIOS installed on your unit.
- Download the latest OS for your unit, you will find them on the knowledge base.
- Download Rufus HERE.
- Plug in the USB flash drive.
- Open Rufus.
- Choose your device.
- Click the button next to “Create a bootable disk using:”
- Choose the ISO OS image from step 2 and click “Open”.
- Click “Start” and wait for the progress to finish.
- Plug the AC charger into the device to provide power during installation.
- Plug in the USB flash drive and keyboard to the unit.
- Start the device and repeatedly press "F11" on your keyboard until you see the boot device selection.
- Select the USB flash drive and press the "ENTER" key.
- When asked, press any key to boot from USB.
- When asked, confirm that you want to run the recovery using the arrow and enter keys.
On older Algiz 7 units, when the command prompt window pops up and is done loading, you will need to enter some short commands. First, change the directory by typing "D:" and then hitting the enter key. Second, type "reccf" and hit the enter key.
- The device will now start the recovery process and will reboot after it is done