How to Install an OS image using a USB memory stick
Support Article No. 3953
Latest updated: 9/4/2014
- You will need a USB flash drive with at least 8GB
- The latest recovery image. Download the latest recovery image from HERE.
Note: When installing OS 95Z0000000UU or newer, make sure you update the BIOS to v200 or higher!
See KB3949 on how to update the BIOS. Ensure that the BIOS is updated before continuing with this guide!
- Download Rufus from here.
- Plug in the USB flash drive.
- Open Rufus.
- Choose your device.
- Click the button next to “Create a bootable disk using:”
- Choose the ISO OS image from step 1 and click “Open”:
- Click “Start” and wait for the progress to finish.
- Plug in the AC charger into the Algiz 10X to provide power supply.
- Plug in the USB flash drive into the Algiz 10X.
- Start the Algiz 10X and repeatedly press F3 key until you see the boot device selection.
- Select the USB flash drive and press ENTER key.
- When asked, press any key to boot from USB.
- When asked, confirm you want to run the recovery using the arrow and enter keys.
- The Algiz 10X will now start the recovery process and will reboot after it is done.