How to update OS
Support Article No. 3784
Latest updated: 9/2/2014
- Make sure that you have correct OS version for your Nautiz X5 ! Check KB4514 on how to find the right version for your device.
- Copy OS files and Program Store folder on Micro SD card (max 2Gb card).
- Insert Micro SD card into Nautiz X5.
- Connect AC charger or put unit into docking station with power supply.
- Start the unit up and follow the instructions on how to enter the ULDR menu:
ULDR menu is reached in two different ways depending on if you have a Qwerty unit or numeric unit.
Numeric: hold “shift” while pressing the reset button once.
Qwerty: hold “S” while pressing the reset button once.
- When you have entered the ULDR menu you can release the “shift” or “S” key.
If asked for a PIN code enter “141163”.
- Choose option number “5” (download all by SD card) and press ENTER key.
- When the installation is completed you will see the windows screen that asks you to “tap the screen to calibrate your device”. Do NOT do this, instead you need to enter the ULDR menu again and a second time choose option “5” (download all by SD card).
This is needed to get the ProgramStore files to be installed (if you do not do the update twice you will only see an empty ProgramStore and no modules will work such as the camera, scanner etc).
- When the 2nd update is completed you can continue to calibrate the screen and follow the instructions.
When you are done the unit is ready to use.