Keyboard fix for Windows 10 CBB 1809 Feature Update
After applying Microsoft's Feature Update 1809 on your Algiz 8x tablet running Windows 10, you notice that the on-device soft keyboard has been reduced in size.
Handheld has developed a solution that will allow for the keyboard to be resized to its normal state on the Algiz 8X tablet. All necessary files are included in the download available at the bottom of this article.
WARNING: Please do not attempt to apply this fix to any other device other than the Algiz 8x tablet. This fix is specific for this tablet only.
Please take the following steps to apply the 1809 Feature update fix for returning your On Screen Keyboard (OSK) to it's original size:
- Download the On Screen Keyboard-1809.zip file located below
- Extract the On Screen Keyboard-1809.zip download to a location on the Algiz 8x or to a removable thumb drive.
- Navigate to MS_EDID_800x1280 folder and locate ms_edid.inf
- Right click on ms_edid.inf and select install.
- Once the ms_edid.inf file has concluded, you will be prompted to restart your Algiz 8x.
- Verfiy that the On Screen Keyboard (OSK) has returned to it's origional size