You are unable to access the URL bar in the Android web browser
When you open the default Android Web broswer on your Handheld device, the URL bar for entering in web addresses is not present and you are unable to restore it.
NOTE: These instructions pertain to Android based units that are running Android version 4.2 and the default web browser associated with the Android operating system. These instructions are not applicable to Chrome as a seperate download or any other 3rd party browser.
This issue occurs when the Quick Controls and/or Fullscreen options have been selected in the Menu options for the Android web browser as shown below:
To restore the URL bar in the Android browser, take the following action:
- Enter Settings on the device and scroll down to Apps. Select Apps.
- Swipe over to “All”
- Scroll down to "Browser" and select Browser
- Once in the Browser App settings, Select “Force Stop”.
- While still in the Browser App settings scroll down and select “Clear Data”. This will restore the URL bar to the browser.
- Verify the URL bar has been restored by opening the browser.