Device boots into the EFI shell
You have completed downloading and installing a Windows update and your tablet boots into the EFI shell instead of Windows.
This issue can occur as well randomly on occasion but the most common cause is the installation of the Microsoft Windows 1709 Fall Creator Update and the boot order has been changed.
Here is a screenshot of the tablet starting into the EFI shell when powering on the unit:
To solve this, follow the steps below:
- Make sure that latest BIOS version is running on your unit:
BIOS for Algiz 10X V3
BIOS for Algiz 8X
- Plug an AC adapter and USB keyboard into your tablet. Start up the device and hit the "Del" button (Delete) as soon as you see the "Handheld" logo.
- Use the arrows keys to move to the "Boot" tab.
Navigate to "Setup Prompt Timout" and set it's value to "6".
Navigate to "Boot Option #1" and set it to "Windows Boot Manager..."
- Save and Exit the BIOS by pressing "F4" on the keyboard or navigate to "Save & Exit" and select "Save Changes and Exit" from the menu.
- The tablet will restart and boot into the Windows Operating System.