After applying Windows Update 1709, the Soft Keyboard is reduced in size
After applying Microsoft's Fall Creator Update 1709 on your Algiz 8x tablet running Windows 10, you notice that the on-device soft keyboard has been reduced in size.
This is an issue directly related to Microsoft's release of the Fall Creator Update 1709 for Windows 10. As to date, there is no resolution for this issue from Microsoft.
The below image shows the keyboard resizing after applying the Windows Fall Creator Update 1709 on your Algiz 8x tablet.
Handheld has developed a solution that will allow for the keyboard to be resized to its normal state on the Algiz 8X tablet. This fix involves new keyboard files and an update to HotTab (Ver. 40.3.15). All necessary files are included in the download available at the bottom of this article.
WARNING: Please do not attempt to apply this fix to any other device other than the Algiz 8x tablet. This fix is specific for this tablet only.
You will need a thumb drive with at least 2GB of space.
In order to successfully apply the keyboard fix, please follow the steps below:
- Download the 1709Keyboardfix.zip file at the bottom of this page.
- Once downloaded, extract the archive and copy the following folders to a thumb drive:
HH8_40.3.15 – HotTab upgrade (Ver. 40.3.15).
Touchkeyboard – Updated Keyboard files for Windows 10.
- In Windows, go to Control Panel>Programs and Features and uninstall Win8HotTab.
You do not need to uninstall HotTabCam.
- Restart your Algiz 8x tablet.
- Once your Algiz 8x tablet has restarted and you have Windows 10 available, insert your thumb drive with the copied folders into your Algiz 8x tablet.
- Copy the Touchkeyboard folder from your thumb drive to the root of C:\
- Execute Win8HotTab_40.3.15.msi from the folder HH8_40.3.15 located on your thumb drive.
- Once HotTab has successfully installed onto your Algiz 8x tablet, open HotTab and select devices.You can open HotTab by pressing the button with three horizontal lines located on the upper right side of the device.
- You will see an OSK Correction icon located directly below the Extended WWAN icon.
- Select this icon and it will initiate a script to install the new keyboard files for your Algiz 8x tablet. Once the script has completed, you may choose to wait for the countdown to complete to restart the device or you may touch any button to initiate the restart. The device must be restarted to initialize the fix.
- Once the device has restarted, select Cortana or Search to bring up the keyboard. Your keyboard will be returned to its original size.