BIOS Settings to Upgrade Your OS From WINDOWS 7 to Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
You would like to upgrade your Operating System from Windows 7 on your Algiz 10x V.2 device to Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
NOTE: Update the BIOS to the latest version before continuing with this guide.
You can find the latest BIOS version here - KB9985.
The BIOS boot sequence utilzes a Legacy boot option when booting into the Windows 7 Operating System.
The instructions below pertain to changing the BIOS settings on the device for a successful installation and boot up sequence for an Algiz 10X V.2 device.
For Windows 7 to Windows 8, 8.1 or Windows 10:
- Plug-in the AC adapter to the tablet computer. Make sure the tablet computer stays plugged in to the power source during the entire process.
- Plug-in a keyboard and the recovery USB with the latest Windows 8 image.
- Turn on the tablet computer and when the "Handheld" logo is showing, click "F2" on the keypad repeatedly until you enter the BIOS menu.
- Navigate over to the "Advanced" tab. Choose "Miscellaneous Configuration" as shown below.
- Navigate over to "OS Selection" and change it to "Windows 8.X".
- Save and Exit BIOS by pressing "F4" on the keyboard. Now continue the OS installation procedure as seen in KB12606.