Scan UPC/EAN/JAN supplemental codes
This article applies to the Nautiz X2 with the 1D barcode scanner only.
You would like to enable the scanner on your Nautiz X2 device to scan UPC,EAN and JAN supplement addenda codes.
UPC,EAN and JAN codes may all include an additional bar code to the right of the main bar code. This second bar code, which is usually not as tall as the primary bar code, is used to encode additional information for newspapers, books, and other periodicals and is referred to as a suppplemental code or an addenda code and may either encode 2 or 5 digits of information.
The Nautiz X2 does not read these supplemental codes by default.
In order to scan UPC,EAN and JAN supplement addenda codes with the Nautiz X2 with the 1D barcode scanner, perform the following steps:
- Download the Supplementcodes.zip file below.
- Extract the file to a location on your computer.
- Open Decode UPC supplementals.jpg and print. There are three codes listed on the sheet.
- Scan the corresponding code with your Nautize X2 device to select the scan option you would like to perform. Options include:
Autodiscriminate UPC,EAN and JAN supplement addenda codes.
Decode UPC,EAN and JAN supplement addenda codes.
Ignore UPC,EAN and JAN supplement.
- NOTE: A complete description of these scan codes are also contained in the downloaded archived Supplementcodes.zip file.