How to update the BIOS on an Algiz 10X version 3
Support Article No. 20512
Latest updated: 11/25/2016
You will need the following to perform the BIOS update on the Algiz 10X Version 3:
16GB USB flash drive
- Plug a USB stick to your PC and format it to file system "Fat32":
- Unzip the BIOS files. Copy the files in the folder directly to the root of the USB stick. You can obtain the latest BIOS files from here KB20303 :
- Plug the USB flash drive into your tablet.
- Plug the USB keyboard into your tablet.
- Plug-in the AC adapter to the tablet computer. Make sure the tablet computer stays plugged in to the power source during the entire process.
- Turn on the tablet computer and when the "Handheld" logo is showing, click "Del"-key on the the USB keypad repeatedly until you enter the BIOS menu.
- Navigate to "Save & Exit" tab.
At "Boot Override" select "Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device" pressing ENTER key on the USB keyboard:
- Wait until you see the "Shell>" command line.
Type "fs4:" and press the ENTER key:
- Type "update" and press the ENTER key:
- Now the update process is running.
- On the message "Do you want to start the download process?" type "y":
- After the update completes, the unit restarts automatically.