Install the Win10 OS image using a USB memory stick
You will need to following to apply the Windows 10 Operating System image:
16GB USB flash drive
Download the latest OS for Windows 10 in KB20302.
- Download Rufus from HERE.
- Plug the USB flash drive into your PC.
- Open Rufus.
- Choose USB flash device.
- Click the button next to “Create a bootable disk using:”
- Choose the ISO OS image that you would like to use and click “Open”:
- Click “Start” and wait for the write process to finish.
- Plug the USB flash drive into your tablet.
- Plug the USB keyboard into your tablet.
- Plug-in the AC adapter to the tablet computer. Make sure the tablet computer stays plugged in to the power source during the entire process.
- Turn on the tablet computer and when the "Handheld" logo is showing, click "Del"-key on the USB keypad repeatedly until you enter the BIOS menu.
- Navigate to "Save & Exit" tab.
At "Boot Override" select the USB memory stick by pressing ENTER key on USB keyboard.
In this example it is "UEFI: SanDisk":
- Now the unit restarts and shows the "Recovery Wizard".
- Click the <Recovery> button using your finger or a capacitve pen:
- Confirm upcoming message with <Yes>, using your finger or a capacitve pen:
- The tablet will start the recovery process and reboot after it is done.
It might be, that the unit starts back into recovery mode.
In this case, go back to BIOS, tab "Boot" and select "Windows Boot Manager..." at "Boot Option #1" using the ENTER key on the USB keyboard:
Go to "Save & Exit" and select "Save Changes and Exit".
Confirm message with "Yes".