How to Install A Windows 10 OS Image using a USB memory stick
You would like to install a Windows 10 Operating System Image on your Algiz 10X Version 2 device.
NOTE: Make sure that BIOS version on the unit is v113 or higher. See KB9985 on how to update BIOS. If needed, update BIOS before continuing with this guide.
16GB USB flash drive
To install a Windows 10 Operating System Image on your Algiz 10X Version 2 device, download the latest Operating System for Windows 10 in KB18513.
Once you have obtained the download in KB18513, follow the instructions below:
- Download Rufus from HERE.
- Plug in the USB flash drive.
- Open Rufus.
- Choose your device.
- Click the button next to “Create a bootable disk using:”
- Choose the ISO OS image that you would like to use and click “Open”:
- Click “Start” and wait for the progress to finish.
- Plug the USB flash drive into your tablet.
- Plug-in the AC adapter to the tablet computer. Make sure the tablet computer stays plugged in to the power source during the entire process.
- Turn on the tablet computer and when the "Handheld" logo is showing, click "F2" on the keypad repeatedly until you enter the BIOS menu.
- Navigate over to the "Advanced" tab. Choose "Miscellaneous Configuration" as shown below.
- Navigate over to "OS Selection" and change it to "Windows 8.X".
- Save and Exit BIOS.
- While the tablet restarts, repeatedly press the Windows logo/flag key until you see the boot device selection.
- Select the USB flash drive and press the "OK" key.
- When asked, press any key to boot from USB.
- When asked, calibrate the screen and confirm that you want to run the recovery using the arrow and OK keys.
- The tablet will start the recovery process and reboot after it is done.