How to create a bootable USB-Drive
Support Article No. 18224
Latest updated: 11/2/2015
You would like to create a bootable USB Drive.
To create a bootable USB Drive, follow the instructions below:
- Download the files provided at the bottom of this page (HPUSBFW).
- Start the HP USB Disk Format tool (HPUSBFW.exe). Right click the file and “Run as Administrator”.
- Select your USB Drive in the “Device” drop down menu.
- File system should be “Fat32”.
- Check the boxes “Quick Format” and “Create a DOS startup disk”.
- Select the provided "BootImg" folder containing the DOS files.
- Press the “Start” button and wait for it to complete.