BIOS settings to Downgrade your OS From Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 to Windows 7
You would like to install Windows 7 on your Algiz 10x V.2 device from Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
Important: Update the BIOS to the latest version before continuing with this guide. You can find the latest BIOS version here - KB9985.
NOTE: If you don't already have a license for Windows 7, you will need to purchase a license before download and installation of the Windows 7 Operating System. Please contact your sales representative.
The BIOS boot sequence utilzes a Legacy boot option when booting into the Windows 7 Operating System.
The instructions below pertain to changing the BIOS settings on the device for a successful installation and boot up sequence for an Algiz 10X V.2 device.
For Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 to Windows 7:
- Plug-in the AC adapter to the tablet computer. Make sure the tablet computer stays plugged in to the power source during the entire process.
- Plug-in a keyboard and the recovery USB with the latest Windows 7 image.
- Turn on the tablet computer and when the "Handheld" logo is showing, click "F2" on the keypad repeatedly until you enter the BIOS menu.
- Navigate over to the "Advanced" tab. Choose "Miscellaneous Configuration" as shown below.
- Navigate over to "OS Selection" and change it to "Windows 7".
- Save and Exit the BIOS by pressing "F4" on the keyboard. Now continue with the OS installation procedure as seen in KB12606.