Installing an OS image using A USB memory stick on your Device
You would like to install the Windows 8.1 OS or the Windows 7 OS for your Algiz 10X V.2 device.
To install the OS files, you will need the following:
16GB USB flash drive.
The latest Operating System for Win 8.1 is available to download in KB9991 or the latest Operating System for Win 7 is available to download in KB12644.
NOTE: When installing OS 95Z0000000WB or newer for Win 8.1 or OS 95Z0000000XA_2 or newer for Win 7, make sure you update BIOS to v113 or higher.
See KB9985 on how to update BIOS. Update BIOS before continuing with this guide.
- Download Rufus from HERE.
- Plug in the USB flash drive.
- Open Rufus.
- Choose your device.
- Click the button next to “Create a bootable disk using:”
- Choose the ISO OS image that you would like to use and click “Open”:
- Click “Start” and wait for the progress to finish.
- Plug the power supply to your tablet.
- Plug the USB flash drive to your tablet.
- Start the tablet and repeatedly press the Windows logo/flag key until you see the boot device selection.
- Select the USB flash drive and press the "OK" key.
- When asked, press any key to boot from USB.
- When asked, calibrate the screen and confirm that you want to run the recovery using the arrow and OK keys.
- The tablet will start the recovery process and reboot after it is done.