HBPC 2014 an overview
Our seventh annual HBPC took place 22-23 May at the Clarion Hotel Stockholm. We enjoyed a wonderful time with our partners, building relationships and sharing information that we know will form foundations for many future successes.
Here are a few qoutes from attendees of the HBPC2014:
- "We want to thank you and all the people from Handheld team for organizing such a wonderful, useful, productive conference with so many interesting speakers and participants."
- "Thank you for an excellent event! We have arranged partner events during our career many many times and we both agree that your event was the most enjoyable ever. The positive vibe of Handheld management and personnel really made the day to stand out from any other partner event we have ever arranged or participated."
- "Thanks for the interesting partner conference, with a lot of interesting people from our globe. It is nice to be updated on the happenings in our specialty world, which is also changing rapidly."
The conference day
A tremendous lineup of speakers gave talks throughout the conference day. Before our first external speaker took the stage, Jerker Hellström, CEO of Handheld Group, summarized the accomplishments and challenges of the last year.
The first external speaker, Kathryn Nassberg, an Analyst with the Enterprise Mobility and Connected Devices Group from VDC research spoke on current market trends for rugged handheld computers and then opened the floor for audience questions. VDC has been a part of our program since our first partner program, and their in-depth knowledge and market expertise was again well received by our attendees.
Amy Urban, marketing director of Handheld US and the conference moderator, welcomed and introduced our Showcase Partners. These partners briefly presented information about themselves, their companies and their solutions.
During the conference, attendees also learned event-exclusive pre-launch information about two new Handheld product developments. Product presentations and product updates were given by Jerker Hellström, Johan Hed, product manager for Handheld and Mike Zelman, Handheld’s vice president of business development. Thomas Löfblad, vice president of global sales at Handheld, also spoke about Handheld’s unique product positioning and current market competition.
To close the formal program, we covered social media with content expert, Sofie Sandell. Sofie inspired the audience to become more engaged professionally in social media and offered anecdotes and statistics to show how companies can successfully interact with their customers online. Sofia Löfblad, marketing director Handheld Group and Amy Urban, marketing director for Handheld US, offered specific tips and strategies for customer engagement on Twitter and LinkedIn.
During coffee breaks and lunch break attending partners and Handheld staff mingled in the Partner Showcase area, where our partners displayed solutions applicable to the Handheld lineup of rugged computers. Between speakers and events, it served as a valuable venue for Handheld partners from all over the world to exchange ideas, information and hands-on solutions.
The evening event opened with champagne on the hotel’s outdoor terrace, followed by dinner in the banquet hall. During dinner ABBA (ok not the real ABBA but close enough) provided entertainment. The band turned up the energy, rounding off the evening with several well-known ABBA tunes that had our guests up on their feet and dancing!
Handheld presented several awards to attendees during dinner:
- Magnus Ronnby, from Erisma, Sweden and Luis Uriarte, Lautech Group, Miami USA were recognized for being the first people to register online after the HBPC invitations were sent out.
- Thomas Walters of Munsoft from South Africa, received awards for traveling the farthest to get to the event (second consecutive year)
- Ulf Gabrielsson of Leica, Sweden, travelled the shortest distance (250 meters)
The Handheld team would like to thank each and every person who attended our 2014 Handheld Business Partner Conference. We hope you’ll be able to join us in 2015!